Monday, February 2, 2009

Getting Older





I'm not an old lady by far but this morning while taking all my vitamin supplements I was reminded that I'm not as young as I once was and that I sometimes get so caught up in my own little world that I forget to stop and enjoy my youth. I'm the kinda of person that wakes up each morning with a plan and I'm not satisfied until everything I set out to do is done. I guess that's not really a bad thing but before I know it some nice young man is going to be helping me cross the street and calling me mam. My point is that it's okay to work hard to achieve your dreams but don't forget to enjoy the trip along the way. Here is a quote I found that I think pretty much sums it up "By the time we've made it, we've had it." Malcolm Forbes, The Capitalist Handbook. Getting older was my inspiration for the day so I created a new soap that I'm thinking I'll call Youth In A Bar? not sure on the name yet. You can comment below on the name I was also thinking of calling it Fountain Of Youth or Young And Beautiful. To create this soap I combined the scents of our youth, cotton candy, bubble gum, lemon drops, and lots of sugar I then colored it a beautiful teal color. I love how this bar turned out and it smells sooo!! Yummy!! It takes me back to the days of innocence. I don't have this one in my shop yet but it should be there tomorrow. Well that's all I got for now an my little pearl of wisdom for today is don't get too caught up in your everyday routine you have to take time to stop and enjoy your youth because before you know it when you look in the mirror old age will be staring back at you!
Your only young once!

No comments:

Post a Comment